Friday 30 April 2010

TGIF!!

Hilariously, people in Korea looove this expression.  At least 2 people say it to me every Friday.  They may not be able to speak any other English, but they sure as hell know TGIF!!

I'm sitting here trying and failing to put together new lesson materials (I can't figure out how to get youtube videos into PowerPoint) and just took some ibuprofen for my raging headache... but hey, THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY!!! And TGEM (even more) that next week I only work for 2 days (Mon/Tues) and then I have a five-day weekend. That sound you hear is the sky parting to a choir of angels. Tonight, as per usual, I am leaving for Seoul right after work and meeting up with some friends to go out, then tomorrow some other friends and I are going to Seoul Land (which is the Korean rip-off of Disneyland... no joke, 3 of the 5 themed areas are Adventure Land, Fantasy Land, and Tomorrow Land. I think Disney should be suing their asses). It might even be slightly warm tomorrow! In May!! Shocker!!!
Excuse my excessive sarcasm, I just think this weather is total and absolute BS, and I am ready for it to not be cold anymore. My managing teacher was asking me this morning what is wrong with me. "Why do you have a headache? Why are you so tired? What do you do at night? Are you hungover?" "No I get 8-10 hours of sleep every night. I have no idea what's wrong with me." "Ohhh, well this is not normal. Maybe you need to try harder." For some reason, Koreans love to point out your flaws or what's wrong with you and it's totally not rude here. The other day, I had a pimple. One pimple, on my cheek. I walk into my office and the first thing Kristen says to me is, "Oh no, you have a pimple!!! Ohh, I am so sorry!! This is too bad!!!" Well thanks a ton, Kristen, it's like I may as well be dying. Then a student in my 5th period class said, "Ohhh, teacher, you have bad complexion." Again, thanks for pointing that out. God forbid anyone has a bad case of acne in this country.
 
Excuse my ranting.  I am just thoroughly annoyed at the moment.  I need to get out of Haseong.  TGIF!!!

1 comment:

  1. Kristen has real judgment issues, doesn't she. She must not be very secure in her own life or walk with Christ. Remind her that: she who throws dirt loses ground. I really want to send her a Christian book about Insecurity. Well written by a female bible teacher. Well, at least your not "50" with a pimple, like your mom. Life is good!!

    ReplyDelete